Before + After – The Social Lights Office Renovation
Posted on: 05/17/16, 10:43am
The Social Lights New HQ is housed in the former RyKrisp Factory. Built in 1922, the RyKrisp plant employed hundreds of hardworking Americans. We’re excited to reinvigorate this factory with entrepreneurial energy, along with our fellow building tenants, including: Woodchuck USA, THE AESTHETIC x WHITNEY VERMEER, Great Lakes Clothing Co., MPLS / STP Clothing Co.
After leasing a dark, dingy corner of the former factory in November 2015, we got to work envisioning the final product.
With the help of WILKUS ARCHITECTS and A&A Artistry, the plans were quickly set into motion:
For more architectural renderings, visit: The Social Lights – New HQ photo album. On April 1, 2016, we moved in. Finishing touches came next, including plants, whiteboards, and a custom Instagram art installation. A full album of ‘After’ photos can be viewed here: TSL Office Renovation.
- No longer a functional loading dock, we upgraded the dated garage door with a full-glass version for added natural light.
- The long work table in the center of the workspace was repurposed from the basement of the building. Standing desks surrounding the timber pillars feature remnants from this same table.
- Custom coffee tables, shelving, and desks were made possible by local duo Anna & Alex of A&A Artistry.
- Not only did WILKUS ARCHITECTS design our dream kitchen, but they built it from the ground up (80+ IKEA boxes and all)!
- The Spiegel Conference Room is named after Snapchat CEO, Evan Spiegel.
We’re MN proud:
- Furniture comes from Room & Board, Blu Dot, local artisans
- Custom Instagram art installation created by Permanent Record
- Appliances found at Warners’ Stellian
- Hammock chairs from SKY Chairs
- Technology from Best Buy
- Clocks + Decor from Target
- Plants by Bachman’s
Subscribe To Our Blog
Enter your email address to subscribe to our blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.