Educating the Next Generation of Marketers
Posted on: 08/15/13, 6:26pm
The Social Lights® to Host Social Media Marketing Workshops
As the business world coincides with the evolution of social media and technology, the job title Community Manager is now more important than ever. Brands need voices—and people to manage them as they engage in two-way dialogue on behalf of brands. That’s where the Community Manager comes in.
The Social Lights® can help strengthen your Community Management skills this fall and winter during their Social Media Training Workshops. To get on the mailing list for these Social Media Training Programs, visit: http://bit.ly/TSL-Training-Programs.
The Social Lights® held a comprehensive Community Manager Training Program June + July 2013, and produced 16 qualified Community Managers who are at the top of their field. Students learned a great deal about the field through presentations and hands-on activities, including establishing a social media execution plan for a client company.
Highlights from the Summer 2013 program included:
- Mary Meehan‘s Cultural Intelligence Presentation
- Lee Odden stressing the importance of storytelling in content creation and SEO
- Arik Hanson‘s session on creating likeable content that gets clicks”
- The organization and celebration of Social Media Day Twin Cities
- The #CMTP Surprise Field Trip
- Social Hour Panel Discussion Event
- The Ultimate Challenge: 4 Teams. 4 Client Companies. 1 Master Social Media Strategic Plan.
Full details can be found in the Summer 2013 Review Guide:
And a fun behind-the-scenes glimpse in our Recap: Summer 2013 video:
Social media training with The Social Lights® is unconventional, as the focus is less on theory, with much more hands-on experience. Curriculum is intended to educate individuals not just on creating quality content, but strategically driving that content toward business goals.
Required skills for a Community Manager include:
- Writing Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Creative Thinking Abilities
- Time Management Skills
- Analytical Abilities
- Competency in Social Media Tools
If this sounds like you, sign up for an upcoming training workshop with The Social Lights®!