Senior Community Manager
Posted on: 05/02/17, 10:30am
Seeking: Experienced Social Media Community Manager (2-4 years) – Full-Time
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Do you have a passion for doing meaningful work, a strong desire to never stop learning, and an insatiable curiosity about the future of technology and communications?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Our approach to social media strategy combines all of this and more. We understand that managing a branded social presence takes more than a college student with a smartphone, or access to the leading software tools—it takes insight, foresight, and the ability to make an impact from a business standpoint.
We’re not exactly an ad agency, nor a communications firm, or a digital marketing shop. We’re The Social Lights®, a social business consultancy. Unlike digital, PR and ad agencies, we don’t just create marketing campaigns. We provide custom social media training, staff augmentation, and help clients drive growth by using social media to make improvements throughout their business.
We manage up-and-coming and century-old brands alike, blending engaging content with data-driven digital advertising to generate authentic two-way communication. We’ve spent the past 5 years developing a proprietary process for managing social media on behalf of brands, and we think you’ll find it refreshing.
Our ideal Senior Community Manager candidate has 3+ years of experience managing social media communities on behalf of businesses and organizations. This includes content creation, campaign development + execution, social advertising management, analytics + reporting.
As a Senior Community Manager at The Social Lights® you will:
- Develop social media strategies and campaigns that suit our clients’ marketing objectives.
- Manage execution of these strategies and campaigns across multiple social media communities/channels (including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Vimeo).
- Oversee content development (including development of channel-specific content) to ensure quality, consistency, timeliness and brand fit.
- Manage communities across multiple social media channels (including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube).
- Work on team(s) to brainstorm and develop digital content that supports strategic marketing goals.
- Use social listening and analytics software tools to discover key insights and trends to share with clients and The Social Lights team.
- Prepare reports (monthly, quarterly, custom, ad hoc) interpreting and explaining key social media metrics.
- Work closely with brand teams and partner agencies to keep brand messages consistent.
- Develop and implement Integrated Marketing Campaigns as needed (contests, sweepstakes, promotions, event integrations).
- Manage and execute paid social media strategy.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for all aspects of social – from content planning to social data analysis. S/he is highly creative, passionate, self-motivated, and socially active. S/he finds innovative ways to solve problems and manage multiple tasks at any given time. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to work on-site with clients when necessary. Special consideration will be given to individuals who have experience using enterprise-level social media management tools, managing robust social media advertising campaigns, and have relevant case studies to share.
If you think you’d be a good fit for The Social Lights® Senior Community Manager position, send your resume + cover letter to careers [at] thesocial-lights.com with subject line “Senior Community Manager – Your Name”.
For more information, check out our Agency Fact Sheet, and visit us on: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Snapchat | Instagram.