Social Media Community Manager
Posted on: 01/11/17, 10:03am
Seeking: Social Media Community Manager – Full-Time
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Northeast)
Do you have a passion for doing meaningful work, a strong desire to never stop learning, and an insatiable curiosity about the future of technology and communications?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. We understand that managing a branded social presence takes more than a college student with a smartphone, or access to the leading software tools—it takes insight, foresight, and the ability to make an impact from a business standpoint.
We’re not exactly an ad agency, nor a communications firm, or a digital marketing shop—we’re The Social Lights®, a social business consultancy. Unlike digital, PR and ad agencies, we don’t just create marketing campaigns. We also provide custom social media training, staff augmentation, and help clients drive growth by using social media to make improvements throughout their business.
We manage up-and-coming and century-old brands alike, in a way that blends engaging content with data-driven digital advertising, and authentic two-way communication. We’ve spent the past six years developing a proprietary process for managing social media on behalf of brands, and we think you’ll find it refreshing.
As a Community Manager at The Social Lights® you will:
- Manage communities across multiple social media channels (including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- Use social listening and analytics software tools to discover key insights and trends to share with clients and The Social Lights team.
- Monitor social streams for comments, compliments, complaints, etc. Respond in brand voice according to the Social Media Response Strategy.
- Develop and implement Integrated Marketing Campaigns as needed (contests, sweepstakes, promotions, event integrations).
- Use social media strategy documents (including brand voice & tone, style guides, KPI dashboards, editorial calendars, inspiration decks, research, etc.) to plan content that will reach and resonate with target audiences.
- Work with brand and account teams to brainstorm and develop content and campaign ideas from scratch.
- Produce original social media content and campaigns that suit our clients’ outlined marketing objectives.
- Build and manage editorial and content calendars.
- Drive execution and publishing of content (both natively and using enterprise-level software)
- Prepare and deliver reports including key metrics and takeaways regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc basis).
- Audit and evaluate competitors’ social media efforts on a regular basis.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends in both social and digital spheres.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for all aspects of social – from content planning to social data analysis. S/he is highly creative, passionate, self-motivated, and socially active. S/he finds innovative ways to solve problems and manage multiple tasks at any given time. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to work on-site with clients when necessary. Special consideration will be given to individuals with experience using social media software tools and managing social media advertising campaigns.
If you think you’d be a good fit for The Social Lights® Community Manager position, send your resume + cover letter to careers [at] thesocial-lights.com with subject line “Community Manager – Your Name”.