The goal is not to be good at social media.
The goal is to be good at business because of social media.
– Jay Baer
Representing a brand on social media means sharing their vision – the big story of your brand, in a way that connects with the unconscious desires of the consumer.
The story that we tell is no longer static like an ad in a magazine. We get to use multiple channels to tell an ongoing story about our brand, and then multiple users get to interact with that story and make it their own.
And if you’re doing a good job as a Community Manager, ideally, each chapter of the story you share evokes more engagement naturally because your vision resonates with the individual and the collective vision of your community. You’re giving them what they want and keeping them from what they don’t.
Writing for social isn’t that hard. It’s staying focused on the vision – and the strategy that will bring about that vision – that takes discipline.
Many of you are probably interested in learning how to be more strategic in social. That’s why we’ve put together our upcoming Writing for Social Media Training Workshop.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- -How to develop an effective voice on social
- -How to align the shared vision: companies and their customers
- -How to develop an overall content strategy around audience, voice, tone
- -The in’s and out’s of representing a brand on social media
- -Tips and tricks for creating compelling content
This event was designed for:
- -Marketing professionals that manage or oversee social media campaigns or initiatives
- -Marketing professionals that want to determine the value of implementing a social media strategy
- -Individuals looking to strengthen their social media skill set
- -Entrepreneurs interested in exploring the value social media can bring to their business
The Social Lights® Training Institute brings together thought leaders in social media and digital marketing. Through a series of hands-on workshops, The Social Lights® cover topics including: How to Use Social Strategically, How to Really Measure ROI, Best Practices for Community Managers, and more.